Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Sewing, crocheting, designing and planning (and a link party)

Sewing and crocheting at full speed!

The Ongoing Project List:
  1. Play with Me QAL - few more hours to turn the PP block. (see below)
    The next pattern is ready and will be shared on Monday!! 
  2. WGACA projects
    1. Jane T - paused until completion of other two
    2. The SK project - one block done (see below)
    3. Charity Quilts for DC General Homeless Shelter project - no progress
  3. Mirror Mirror Afghan - 2 blocks done (see below)
  4. Block Swap Adventure -  waiting for March partner assignment
  5. American Quilt (previous known as Americana QAL) - no progress
  6. Project Quilting (#5) - done! (see below)
  7. Gyleen's BCP Mystery QAL - paused, not liking where this is going :(
  8. Splendid Sampler - block 4 and 5 done (see below)
  9. SECRET quilt for exhibit - FDJ planning started (see below)
The EverythingElse List:
  1. the 31000 Xs project - no progress
  2. Spirit cross stitch project - no progress
  3. Alice in Wonderland quilt - no progress
  4. As You Wish -  no progress
  5. Crazy optical illusion - no progress
  6. Memory quilt 2 - no progress
----
Pat and Jane announced the Splendid Sampler and can I not join such a fun project? Of course not!! :)
But I had to find my twists to make my journey different than anyone else's.

Block 4

Block 5 (with the two crochet ones too)
To see all my blocks, check out My Sampler Journey page

Block 6 is out but I think I will slow down with this project because 2 blocks a week is a lot, considering that I have to make my own "fabric" with selvages first and that I want to crochet some of them as well. I may see if Block 7 (released tomorrow) is easier and start with that for next week.
I am really enjoying this project but it is taking over my (sewing) life! :) :)

--

Speaking of projects taking over my (sewing) life...

Another challenge of Project Quilting (Through the Eyes of a Child) was released last week and this is the piece I put together.

"MOOOM! Look, I colored Mickey"
8'' x 6.5''

I loved Mickey Mouse (Topolino) when I was a child... I cannot remember a time when I didn't have a Topolino comic book to read every day... from kinder-garden school to college :)
So my piece is a reproduction of a classic "drawing" from when I was little. And I put it on the fridge because where else would my mom display my art, right??
I am really pleased about how it turned out! I learned a lot about thread coloring since this is my first time (hence the wrinkly look).

About PQ challenges... I will have some reflections on this next week, since that is going to be the last challenge for the year... I have mixed feelings about the experience... but more on this next week :)

--
Second project from my WGACA list  (to read more about this concept, read this previous post) was completed. I recently completed a page for this, and I realized that the initially empty page slows down my progress. I better get some progress on all three of the projects so the ball will get going!

Stephen King - Salem's Lot
Book cover
(Pattern available soon)

I am happy that I broke free from my own rules of making the book cover with paper piecing! I don't particularly like the process of raw edge applique, but I really like the result and the fact that requires much less time designing them!!
--

Early last month I shared the second block for my Play with Me QAL


Look at all the different color combinations that people used in their game boards! So exciting!!!


If you didn't join, it's not too late!

--
I had an idea for a project for a long time... and now I think it could fit this exhibit so I will actually get the project out of my head and down to fabric.

I cannot tell you more for now... except that the plan is on paper (and on my computer) so now I just need to get going!! :)

--
And last, but not least, I want to remind you that I am working on charity quilts,
and I would love your help!! 
Quilts are for a quilt drive to help the kids in the DC General Homeless Shelter. 
And you can help me by donating orphan blocks, partial blocks, or fabric (scraps, strips, leftover, uglies, whatever). 
If you are willing to mail them to me, I could use them to make more quilts for these kids!!! 
If you are up for a loving donation, please send me an email at tweloq[_at_]gmail[dot_com] or leave a comment here with your email address so I could give you my mailing address. I promise that your donation will be used to make some kids happy and feel more loved!! 

I haven't made any concrete progress here, but I pulled some fabric out and I am ready to assemble some strips into quilt backings! At least I have a plan now!! :)

--
How about you? What are YOU up to?
Link it here and share it with me!!

3 comments:

  1. Certainly a lot of projects! Don't let them overwhelm. You're making good progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting to tell you! Cynthia Brunz of Quilting is More Fun Than Housework is hosting an Orphan Block Adoption in March. You might be able to adopt blocks there that no one wants to trade for. Go check it out!

    http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Mickey Mouse! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1