Search this blog

Are you looking for a pattern? Just type the name of the character and let Google find it for you ;)

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

SYS 2015 - Tutorial 8 (3) - Software tools, cross stitching

Third installment of my short series of tutorials about the software tools I use for my crafts.

Before you run away screaming "I am not good with computers, I don't like new software, they are too complicated" please remember that you don't need to know everything about these software to make them work for you.

The tutorials are written in a very simple way, with tons of screenshots, so, let's Stretch our Skills and get our tech love going!!


The eigth tutorial of the SYS series is brought you by "Yours Truly" Alida (tweloquilting.blogspot.com, you are here ;)).



The third tutorial is about how to take a picture and turn it into a Cross stitching pattern and how to turn the different parts of the pattern in a single pdf file with information about the designer, links, embroidery details, etc.

Everything done with FREE tools!

The pdf (links below) contains detailed instructions on how to make that pattern from start to finish!!


QUESTION: Do you have any question/curiosity about Inkscape or Quilt Assistant? In the last tutorial I will collect some information about those software and present it with example, but if you have any specific question, I would love to hear and maybe I would be able to help! So please, let me know!!

The link up for SYS2015 is still open for your Syndrome blocks, FPP projects, free motion quilting/tangle stitches pieces, crochet projects, pixel quilts, fabric postcards and cross stitching projects!

We won't have prizes this month since there are many tutorials coming and I want you to get some time to catch up on past projects.

--
All the information about the series (as well as all the previously published tutorials) will be available at the SYS 2015 page.

If you have any question about the series, don't hesitate to contact me via email or add a comment here on my blog (and if you want an answer, make sure you are not a no-reply blogger!).

So now let's go and Stretch Our Skills!!! :)

Until next time
Happy stitching!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I use quilt assistant! And struggle to get things the way I want. I do wish the help for QA was a little better. Will read your tutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have attempted to make x-stitch and paper pieced patterns, but never really had much luck. I've looked at a few tutorials out there and for whatever reason I can't seem to re-create it, or part of the problem is a lack of fancy software, like EQ7.

    I am eager to see your tute on QA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!
Please share your thoughts on my projects with me!

UA-37918212-1